Bee swarm on a motor cycle
I got a call from Mike. He works for the City of Oxnard and had a "bee problem"
They had landed on his bike!
I went out and tried to brush most bees into the box.
There were so many places where they were hiding, including under the speedometer, that I decided to smoke them out of there. Most flew up and landed again on the bike.
I suited Mike up in an extra suit, and when I had smoked most of them away, he moved the bike to another place. The bees came down and landed in the wooden bee box. Exactly what we wanted. I gave them a couple of hours to regroup and picked them up, just in time for a long weekend.
They can now live in one of my bee yards.
More News Items
- (27) bee proofing your home: why it is important
- (27) New bee named after "the big bang theory" tv series catch phrase
- (24) bee removal from sprinkler box in Mission Oaks dog park Camarillo
- (16) assembling new beeboxes
- (12) top bar hive
- (09) california almond pollination report
- (06) bee swarm in a tree
- (06) Urban Beekeeping in Los Angeles
- (30) Bee removal from a roof
- (27) Can someone with diabetes consume honey ?
- (23) Man with 45 hives in his backyard raided in Queens
- (21) The irony : good thing bees can't read
- (19) Bee facts: beeswax
- (06) feeding back to the bees
- (05) building beeboxes
- (03) playing in the dirt
- (01) Hive inspection
- (01) survivor meets bees
- (01) bees in a water box near church in Simi Valley
- 1 of 2